Saturday, February 23, 2008

sweet mint tea

My friend Ashley from back home, a good friend since we were in 3rd grade, just posted this sweet tea recipe at her blog and it's a good one, I wanted to put it here.

Sweet Tea always reminds me of visiting my grandmother in Texas and I LOVE it! I'm a loyal Southern girl! Now that I think about it, my other grandmother in Louisiana typically served Coke in frozen metal cups. That was fun, too!

So, here's my Sweet Tea recipe made with a hint of mint....

Bring fresh, cold water to a rolling boil in a pan.
Fully submerge 2 Luzianne Family Tea Bags and 2 Plantation Mint (single serving) tea bags.
Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
Squeeze excess out of tea bags and remove.
Pour in 1/4 cup of sugar. (My grandmother probably used a full cup of sugar. Use whatever sweetener you prefer: Stevia, Splenda, or Sweet n Low.)
Pour into container and add enough cold water to make it total 2 quarts.
You can float fresh mint leaves on top if you are having guests or just for fun!

I try to keep tea in the fridge and was making some this morning, so I thought you might like the recipe.

1 comment:

Simone said...

I'll have the mint tea....medium also.